By Christopher C. Fuller, S. J. Elliott, P. A. Nelson
This e-book is a significant other textual content to energetic keep an eye on of Sound via P.A. Nelson and S.J. Elliott, additionally released through educational Press.
It summarizes the rules underlying energetic vibration regulate and its sensible functions by way of combining fabric from vibrations, mechanics, sign processing, acoustics, and keep an eye on conception. The emphasis of the booklet is at the lively keep an eye on of waves in constructions, the lively isolation of vibrations, using disbursed pressure actuators and sensors, and the lively keep watch over of structurally radiated sound. The feedforward keep an eye on of deterministic disturbances, the lively keep watch over of structural waves and the lively isolation of vibrations are lined intimately, in addition to the extra traditional paintings on modal suggestions. the rules of the transducers used as actuateors and sensors for such regulate concepts also are given an in-depth description.
The reader will locate relatively attention-grabbing the 2 chapters at the lively keep watch over of sound radiation from buildings: lively structural acoustic keep watch over. the cause of controlling excessive frequency vibration is usually to avoid sound radiation, and the foundations and sensible software of such recommendations are provided right here for either plates and cylinders. the quantity is written in textbook sort and is aimed toward scholars, practising engineers, and researchers.
* Combines fabric from vibrations, sign processing, mechanics, and controls
* Summarizes new study within the box
Read or Download Active Control of Vibration PDF
Similar mechanical engineering books
A-Z consultant to electrical/electronic and mechanical engineering layout information. the last word sourcebook of electro-mechanical engineering layout information is now higher than ever, with completely up-to-date fabric, new discussions of engineering economics and elastomer springs. and a bounty of latest drawings.
This ebook presents a simple creation to diminished foundation (RB) tools for difficulties related to the repeated resolution of partial differential equations (PDEs) coming up from engineering and technologies, similar to PDEs reckoning on a number of parameters and PDE-constrained optimization. The e-book offers a basic mathematical formula of RB tools, analyzes their primary theoretical houses, discusses the similar algorithmic and implementation points, and highlights their integrated algebraic and geometric buildings.
The ultimate booklet of Sanders' three-volume set on turbine steam course, Sanders turns his concentration to the main points of layout attention for steam generators. He relays all of the info on mechanical layout and serve as wanted in comparing turbine manufacture, upkeep, and operation. This broad paintings covers a lot of the technical fabric integrated in Sanders' seminar Turbine Steam direction Engineering.
- The Mechanical and Thermodynamical Theory of Plasticity
- Valve Selection Handbook
- Boundary Element Methods in Heat Transfer
- Engineering Materials 1
Extra resources for Active Control of Vibration
6) the real function g defines the shape of the negative travelling wave. 7) INTRODUCTION TO WAVES IN STRUCTURES 27 where the variable k is known as the wavenumber and is defined as o) k = --. 7). Positive propagation can be seen to be determined by that part of the wave solution where the variables kx and cot have a negative relative sign, while a positive relative sign indicates negative propagation. 7) for a fixed time t, it is apparent that wavenumber determines the spatial variation in phase.
10) we can solve for the discrete frequencies at which the system resonates in two dimensions. These are given by + ] (1)ran ~-'-~/ L~-~] ~ b I J' where the subscripts m, n denote the (m, n)th mode of vibration. Examples of the shapes of different modes of vibration are shown in Fig. 8. The fundamental (1,1) mode has an associated motion with no phase change across the plate surface. The higher order modes are characterised by nodal lines through which the relative phase of the displacement function flips 180 °.
6) which corresponds to propagation of waves in both the positive and negative x directions respectively. 6) the real function g defines the shape of the negative travelling wave. 7) INTRODUCTION TO WAVES IN STRUCTURES 27 where the variable k is known as the wavenumber and is defined as o) k = --. 7). Positive propagation can be seen to be determined by that part of the wave solution where the variables kx and cot have a negative relative sign, while a positive relative sign indicates negative propagation.