By Roger J. Laham, Donald S. Baim
An interdisciplinary panel of pioneers and opinion leaders assessment the elemental, preclinical, medical, and developmental pathways to new remedy suggestions, comparable to healing angiogenesis and myogenesis. The authors make the most of new organic realizing, novel healing pursuits, a number of to be had and well-studied healing innovations, and the mandatory imaging ideas to degree results. Their in-depth discussions conceal the id of latest healing ambitions and pathways, the research of transcriptional elements, grasp swap molecules, cell-based ways, chemokines, a greater knowing of the consequences of getting older, endothelial disorder, and hypercholesterolemia in accordance with angiogenic stimuli. Highlights comprise exam of drug supply difficulties, results degree, stem remedy, high-risk interventions, improvement pathways, and destiny chances.
Read or Download Angiogenesis and Direct Myocardial Revascularization (Contemporary Cardiology) PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
This can be a 3-in-1 reference e-book. It provides a whole clinical dictionary overlaying 1000s of phrases and expressions when it comes to atrial flutter. It additionally supplies vast lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers info to clients on the best way to replace their wisdom utilizing a number of web assets.
Biomarkers in center disorder is the 1st identify within the AHA scientific sequence and is geared toward assembly the desires of clinicians, supplying cardiologists, internists, emergency physicians, laboratorians, and different healthcare prone with a transparent knowing of the position of biomarkers in modern cardiovascular medication.
This concise textual content provides most sensible practices for all elements of atrial traumatic inflammation ablation as defined within the new edition of the VeniceChart overseas Consensus record, that's awarded along side the biannual Venice Arrhythmias convention. as well as discussing the most recent in a-fib ablation study, this 2011 replace covers the entire key parts of remedy and sufferer administration, together with: • strategies and applied sciences • Procedural endpoints • sufferer administration pre-, peri- and post-ablation • Prevention and therapy of problems • Definition of good fortune and long term effects With contributions from the world’s well-known notion leaders during this box, this ebook is a hugely precious resource of data not just for experts in electrophysiology, but in addition for basic cardiologists, fellows in cardiology and others attracted to this dynamic and more and more vital subject.
- Understanding Cardiac Electrophysiology: A Conceptually Guided Approach
- Mayo Clinic Cardiology: Concise Textbook
- Cardiovascular Diagnosis by Ultrasound: Transesophageal, Computerized, Contrast, Doppler Echocardiography
- 50 cases in clinical cardiology : a problem solving approach
Extra resources for Angiogenesis and Direct Myocardial Revascularization (Contemporary Cardiology)
Enhanced external counterpulsation in the management of angina in the elderly. Am J Geriatr Cardiol 2003;12(2):90–96. 61. Humphreys DR. Treating angina with EECP therapy. Nurse Pract 2003;28(2):7. 62. Blazing MA, Crawford LE. Enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP): enough evidence to support this and the next wave? Am Heart J 2003;146(3):383–384. 63. Michaels AD, Accad M, Ports TA, Grossman W. Left ventricular systolic unloading and augmentation of intracoronary pressure and Doppler flow during enhanced external counterpulsation.
34. Nishikawa SI, Nishikawa S, Hirashima M, Matsuyoshi N, Kodama H. Progressive lineage analysis by cell sorting and culture identifies FLK1+VE-cadherin+ cells at a diverging point of endothelial and hemopoietic lineages. Development 1998;125:1747–1757. 35. Xiong JW, Leahy A, Lee HH, Stuhlmann H. Vezf1: a Zn finger transcription factor restricted to endothelial cells and their precursors. Dev Biol 1999;206:123–141. 36. Henderson AM, Wang SJ, Taylor AC, Aitkenhead M, Hughes CC. The basic helixloop-helix transcription factor HESR1 regulates endothelial cell tube formation.
64. Michaels AD, Linnemeier G, Soran O, Kelsey SF, Kennard ED. Two-year outcomes after enhanced external counterpulsation for stable angina pectoris (from the International EECP Patient Registry [IEPR]). Am J Cardiol 2004;93(4):461–464. 65. Arora RR, Chou TM, Jain D, et al. The multicenter study of enhanced external counterpulsation (MUST-EECP): effect of EECP on exercise-induced myocardial ischemia and anginal episodes. J Am Coll Cardiol 1999;33(7):1833–1840. 66. Lee L, Horowitz J, Frenneaux M.